Sunday, October 18, 2009

October 18, 2009. Email received from Singaporean Disciplinary Tribunal, Singaporean Law Society vs Gopalan Nair

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The following is an Email I recevied just now from Angela Chopard, Singaporean Disciplinary Tribunal and my response to it:


Re: Singaporean Law Society vs Gopalan Nair
Monday, October 19, 2009 2:37 AM
From: "Angela CHOPARD" Angela_CHOPARD@supcourt.gov.sg
Add sender to ContactsTo: nair.gopalan@yahoo.com
Message contains attachments1 File (60KB)LEGAL PROFESSION (DT) RULES 2008.pdf

Dear Mr Nair,

PROCEEDINGS OF THE DISCIPLINARY TRIBUNAL
IN THE MATTER OF GOPALAN NAIR (A.K.A. PALLICHADATH GOPALAN NAIR)
AN ADVOCATE & SOLICITOR

I refer to your email below.

2. Request for transcripts of the proceedings before District Judge
James Leong and Justice Belinda Ang should be made directly to the
Subordinate Courts and the High Court respectively. Your request may be
made to the following addresses:

Subordinate Courts of Singapore
1 Havelock Square
Singapore 059724

Supreme Court of Singapore
1 Supreme Court Lane
Singapore 178879

3. As requested, enclosed is a softcopy of the Legal Profession
(Disciplinary Tribunal) Rules 2008.

(See attached file: LEGAL PROFESSION (DT) RULES 2008.pdf)

4. Regarding your request on the timelines for filing the responses and
to prepare your Defence, we have forwarded them to the Disciplinary
Tribunal and we will revert with their directions in due course.

Regards,
Angela CHOPARD
Head (Disciplinary Tribunal Secretariat)
Supreme Court of Singapore, 1 Supreme Court Lane, Singapore 178879
Tel: (65) 6332 4040 Fax: (65) 6332 4061 Website: www.supremecourt.gov.sg

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete it
immediately. Do not copy, disclose or disseminate it or its contents in any
form.

And my reply today as follows:

Re: Singaporean Law Society vs Gopalan NairMonday, October 19, 2009 3:49 AM
From: "Gopalan Nair" Add sender to ContactsTo: "Angela CHOPARD" Dear Angela Chopard,

Thank you for your Email dated Oct 19, 2009 wherein you attach a 20 page document titled Disciplinary Tribunal Rules.

When you say that "I requested for this document", you are not being fair. Athough I had asked for it, it should be you sending it to me, without my asking. Again, as a tribunal, may I point out it is incumbent on you to provide the necessary directions to the defendant to enable him to defend. Your Singaporean tribunal fails to understand this when you say you are sending me this document becasue "I requested it".

Again, I trust, I need not have to point out to you again, that as a tribunal, it remains your continuing duty to provide all directions to your defendant without him having to ask for it. I trust you will point this out to Lim Yoon Cheng (or as she likes to call herself, Audrey), so that I need not have to tell you again your duties.

Again, please let me have without my asking any other document that pertains to these procedures. If there is any more other than these rules, please let me know, and provide it immediately. For the moment, because you have not sent any other document, I assume this is the only document that pertains to procedures in this case. If not, please let me have immedaitely any other document/ documents that pertains to defending this complaint.

Secondly I note you have not addresed my question to you whether I will be permitted to enter Singapore, to attend and give oral testimony in my defense at the tribunal. Please let me know immedaitley whether you will ensure my safe conduct in entering Singapore, while within Singapore and departing Singapore. As you are aware, I am already in contempt of your Singaporean court once again, for critizing your Singaporean Judge Judith Prakash, calling her a kangarroo, among other things, and Judge Leslie Chew for reposting the blogs in question and withdrawing any apology made while I was under duress in a Singaporean prison last year. Please confirm that your Singaporean police will not arrest me and throw me in jail again, for this while there.

As for the requests for the transcripts, I will be writing to both the Singaporean High Court and the Singaporean Subordinate Court for them relating to my 2 cases there. I trust I have your assurance that you will not proceed further until you hear from me that those transcripts are received and a sufficient time is given to me to peruse them to mount my defense.

Let me warn you that sources all over the world are watching your conduct in this matter. Every communication will be posted in my blog "Singapore Dissident" (www.singaporedissident.blogspot.com). It will be in your interest, to ensure that you are not seen confirming yet again, what was said in the 72 page report of the International Bar Association which accused you of systematically misusing the law to punish those who criticize Lee Kuan Yew and his government.

Thank you.
Gopalan Nair

End of Email

Re: Singaporean Law Society vs Gopalan NairMonday, October 19, 2009 4:42 AM
From: "Gopalan Nair" To: "Angela CHOPARD"
Hello Angela Chopard,

One more clarification. In your Email to me today, you refer to my proceedings before Judge Belinda Ang Saw Ean. This is incorrect. I never appeared before this judge as a party. I was in attendence in her court during the Lee Kuan Yew vs Dr. Chee Soon Juan case in 2008 as an observer, when I wrote in my blog, among other criticisms, that "she had shamelessly prostituted herself as a judge by being shamelessly biased" in favor of Lee Kuan Yew agaisnt Dr. Chee. For this I was tried and convicted by another judge Kan Ting Chiu in the Singaporean High Court.

So the transcripts required will be those relating to my case before this judge, not Singaporean Judge Belinda Ang Saw Ean.

Thanks

Gopalan Nair

End of Email

Gopalan Nair
39737 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite A1
Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Tel: 510 657 6107
Fax: 510 657 6914
Email: nair.gopalan@yahoo.com
Blog: http://singaporedissident.blogspot.com/

Your letters are welcome. We reserve the right to publish your letters. Please Email your letters to nair.gopalan@yahoo.com And if you like what I write, please tell your friends. You will be helping democracy by distributing this widely. This blog not only gives information, it dispels government propaganda put out by this dictatorial regime.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"When you say that "I requested for this document", you are not being fair. Athough I had asked for it, it should be you sending it to me, without my asking."

See how twisted FIRST WORLD Singapore has became.

Good that you mention this point.

This is one of the many points what set the real First World apart from those wannabes.

SickOfSingapore said...

I am beginning to hate living here, and I dream of immigrating ASAP to the US and settling there.

At least I won't be thrown behind bars for criticising the government. And I used to say things like "This is a free country" and "Freedom of speech" when I was young.

How wrong I was.

Anonymous said...

Gopalan, be extremely vigilant and cautious as to not fall prey to their ploy. They will do anything possible to lure you here, once its done, you'll be trapped for a long time in prison.

I am sure you're aware of the kind of treatment given to those who dare voice out against PAP.

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

"It will be in your interest, to ensure that you are not seen confirming yet again, what was said in the 72 page report of the International Bar Association which accused you of systematically misusing the law to punish those who criticize Lee Kuan Yew and his government."

WOW, I LIKE THIS STATEMENT THE MOST!!!

Anonymous said...

I second comment #3: DO NOT BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT IN SINGAPORE!

Instead, make the Law Society work very, very hard to give you all the necessary information and materials just as you are doing now.

Like the rest of the PAP establishment, they absolutely hate being outfoxed. Outfoxing them should be your goal.