Sunday, February 25, 2007

Singapore. Examples of Lee Kuan Yew's first world country. Tiresome ignorant clerks and policemen.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Shall I give you some examples of how tiresome one can get from the absolute ignorance of of these clerical officers and policemen in Lee Kuan Yew's first world country of Singapore that he claims it is.

Last year in May, I was in Singapore. Went to Court 26 (or whichever that number now is) at the basement of the Sub courts. Just for a visit. I wasn't in trouble. Court didn't start yet. I had the newspaper. I read it. Then came this Malay policemen. He said no reading of the paper in court. It didn't make sense why not. It was the Straits times for Heavens sake, not Mao Tze Tung's Red Book on guerrilla warfare or how to bomb the Sub Court! In any case, what logical reason is there to stop someone from reading a newspaper? None! I asked my self if there was any point to reason with him. I decided against it. He is an example of Lee Kuan Yew's first world country's policeman. Put it another way, he is an ignorant idiot. I left it.

Recently I had telephoned the Supreme Court of Singapore for info on a case that was filed there. Such information is public. A court filing and info therein, unless relating to minors or expressly ordered to be secret for national security, should be public info. This was about someone in Singapore who had sued the Mariamman Temple in South Bridge Road claiming that untouchable low cast Indians should be able to officiate in Temple ceremony because the Singapore constitution requires equality between the sexes. Needless to say, a case totally without any merit.

Probably a Malay clerk, was the one I spoke to. Her first question to me was "Where are you calling from"? Why should it make any difference if indeed I was calling from Mars. An idiotic question from a first world idiot. To save time, I said I was calling from California. She then asked why I needed that information. For Heavens sake why should it matter? It is public information. Whether I wanted to write a book on it, or give a speech on the peculiarities of that case, or just expand my wisdom on it, should make no difference at all. She then said that I can come to court and file a request and if the Registrar so decides, he will let me look at the file. I then told her that I cannot come in. I live in California and Singapore is too far away. In any case why should I get the consent of this first world registrar, if this case is not considered confidential, since some idiot is suing the temple, and it is not private by any means. I gave up. Pulling teeth might have been less painful.

While all this was going on, my phone bill was running up having to deal with this first world clerical idiot.

What you have in Singapore are clerks and policemen with so little understanding of anything, except that they know they should blindly obey orders. That is all. This is not first world, my dear Mr. Lee Kuan Yew. You have idiots slavishly complying with orders not knowing or not wanting to know anything.

The clerk in the Supreme Court should be told that info on court cases unless declared confidential should be provided to the public like in any other first world country. Second, that idiot first world policeman should be told that reading the Straits Times in court is perfectly normal just as anywhere else.

But what is the point of resisting. I was only there for a few days. My holiday in Lee's first world country was about to end.

I think the correct word for these first world clerks is "automatons".

Gopalan Nair
39737 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite A1
Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Tel: 510 657 6107
Fax: 510 657 6914
EMail: mailto:gopalnair@us-immigrationlaw.com

No comments: