Thursday, May 24, 2007

Mr. Chew writes on why he is fed up with Lee Kuan Yew

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I received this nice letter from Mr. Chew about why he is disillusioned with Lee Kuan Yew and his PAP government. I have his consent to post his letter.

Gopalan Nair
39737 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite A1
Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Tel: 510 657 6107
Fax: 510 657 6914
Email: gopalnair@us-immigrationlaw.com


Hi Gopalan,

I enjoyed reading your blogs and totally enjoy your perspectives in
the no bullshit way that you write. Too bad not many people dare to
write this way for fear of lawsuits from that FamiLEE. I was never
interested in politics but the recent events really left a bitter
taste in my mouth so I started a blog at http://singaporefuckup.blogspot.com/.

If you don't mind, I hope you can tell me a little about seeking
political asylum in US. I want to do something for Singapore but I
will like to find a way to protect my family too.

Hope to hear from you. Thank you.


Best regards,
Chew

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Gopalan,

Chanced upon your blog from Singabloodypore blog. Being away from Singapore for so long, i've almost forgotten why i wanted to study overseas so badly. And just reading the blogs that attempt to subvert the powers that be had indeed served as a reminder of why i wanted to leave the country so badly in the first place.

Anyways, just wanted to give you a heads up for what you are doing--investing your time and effort to a noble cause. Your blog, and the many others that are out there had been illuminating in exposing the irony of the Singapore dictatorship, and it inspires me as well, to be more reactive to things that are happening.

What comes across as most sad is the fact that many people are truly unhappy, but unlike most successful revolutions, Singaporeans don't even feel the worth in sacrificing themselves for a political cause. They just don't love their country enough. And that is truly sad.

I left Singapore 5 years ago for California, and aside from my family, never missed the daily social persecution one bit. I'm happy here in the U.S.

So wish me luck in my current job search. It would totally suck to have to go back.

Y.C., Teo

Gopalan Nair said...

Hello YC Teo,

What you have said is correct. Anyone with an education coupled with a modicum of self repect would find it difficult to live in such blind obedience and submission as they do in Singapore.

I have no doubt that you will succeed beyond your expectations in California. You have made the most important decision not to live in that henhouse that Singapore is. As we all know, if you have the drive and the determination, the sky is the limit in California.

Very best Luck to you.

Congradulations
Gopalan Nair