Ladies and Gentlemen,
Just a reminder.
My disciplinary proceedings in Singapore which will have me disbarred there will be held from 20 to 24 September 2010 at 10am at Court 2A, High Court, Singapore.
I understand these hearings are in camera, meaning there won't be any spectators.
Subsequent to the finding of guilty in the disciplinary proceedings, which we all know, the matter will be heard before Judges in open court who would of course have me disbarred in Singapore island.
Since my return to California from my Singaporean adventure in 2008, I have committed various additional crimes (by Singapore's reckoning) such as repeating the remarks I made about Singapore Judge Belinda Ang Saw Ean and others in this blog.
I have also, under Singapore law committed contempt of court by withdrawing the apology I gave to Singapore Judge Leslie Chew not to criticize the Singapore government or their courts anymore.
Of course, I stand by my actions and believe none of them is a crime or improper conduct under normally accepted laws of countries around the world.
Since my returning to Singapore to defend these charges in court would mean exposing myself to re-arrest and imprisonment again, I have repeatedly asked for a guarantee from the Singapore authorities, the Disciplinary Tribunal, the Singapore Attorney General and Singapore Immigration, that I will be given safe passage in and out of Singapore and not arrested.
They have all chosen not to respond to my request.
In the light of this, since my re-arrest is almost a certainty if I ever return to Singapore, I would not be able to return to Singapore to defend myself in court. I believe, knowing Singapore, this is exactly what they want, as they obviously fear the consequences of my testifying in court there; even more publicity and embarrassment for them.
The charges against me, as you know are the following:
1. In May 29, 2008 blog post in this blog, titled "Singapore. Judge Belinda Ang's Kangaroo Court" I had said "The following transpired during the last 3 days in court. The judge Belinda Ang was throughout prostituting herself during the entire proceedings, by being nothing more than an employee of Mr. Lee Kuan Yew and his son and carrying out their orders." The blog post described in detail the repeated bias of this Judge in favor of Lee Kuan Yew and Son, in effect denying Dr. Chee Soon Juan and Chee Siok chin any meaningful opportunity to defend themselves.
The dictionary meaning of the words "prostituting oneself" is to misuse one's authority or office for a dishonest purpose such as what Judge Belinda Ang clearly did for all to see.
In September of 2008 I was charged and convicted by Judge Kan Ting Chiu for insulting a judge because of these words "prostituting herself". I vigorously defended myself at trial but despite every dictionary meaning that tells this, I was sent to jail for 3 months.
I have no hesitation and will say again that Judge Belinda Ang Saw Ean did "prostitute herself" by behaving in the despicable corrupt way she did in court from May 26, 2008 to May 28, 2008.
The Singapore Disciplinary Proceedings are attempting to have me disbarred for having said these words in my blog.
2. In the second charge, since my return to the United States, I used words to the same effect, against Singapore Judge Judith Prakash for sending 3 Singapore men to jail merely for wearing T shirts emblazoned with the picture of a Kangaroo in judicial clothes. Their intention of course was to proclaim that Judge Belinda Ang Saw Ean was a Kangaroo Judge and the Lee Kuan Yew vs Dr. Chee Soon Juan was kangaroo court proceedings. Please be reminded that the 3 were not even caught within her courtroom.
Please refer to my blog post of Thursday, February 26, 2009 "Singapore's High Court Judge Judith Prakash shamelessly abuses the law in the kangaroo T shirt trial". In this blog post in describing her bias I used the words "This Singapore judge Judith Prakash has completely abused the law obviously to terrorize Singaporeans into not criticizing the Singapore judiciary, to please Lee Kuan Yew, the Singapore strongman who cannot stand any criticism, either of his corrupt courts or his dictatorial government" among others.
These words aptly describe the shameful conduct of this judge and I stand by my actions as correct.
3. Then there is a charge that I had misbehaved by yelling at police officers and behaving in a disorderly manner in Singapore on July 4, 2008. I deny the charge as a total fabrication. I went to trial which lasted many days. I was convicted and fined $3,000.00.
4. Then there is a charge that I committed contempt of court during my trial in the above case that I made such statements to the judge such as "I have no respect for this court", "these are politically motivated charges" etc. These accusations were correct and I stand by them.
5. Then there is the charge that I committed contempt of court by withdrawing my apology to Judge Leslie Chew in Singapore and retracting my promise that I will not criticise Singapore and their judges. After I returned to the US, I did exactly that.
I have no doubt as you would as well, that I will be disbarred in Singapore. Singapore laws have lost all credibility in the free world and are seen as a political tool to silence dissent in the island. But there is nothing they can do if you are outside their island as I am.
My purpose of continuing to provoke the Singapore authorities to take these actions which I then expose as repression, is deliberate on my part. By my ongoing writing of their actions in this blog, their repression exposed and they are being hurt; highly damaging to their claim of rule of law and democracy.
So far they are unable to stop this blog being read in Singapore because it is Internet based in USA. If they wished to do so, they would have to do as China did by demanding the outside agencies to block it in Singapore. To do this would mean of course admitting Singapore to be a closed society which for practical purposes they cannot do. So Singapore Dissident continues while the Singapore dictatorship boil with rage.
The reader is aware that I am also a Barrister at Law admitted to practice in England and Wales and in California. Any act that is improper in any part of the world, can render me subject to disciplinary proceedings in England and in California.
Since my disbarment is a forgone conclusion in Singapore, I would challenge them to file the necessary complaints to the English Bar as well as to the California Bar demanding that I be disciplined. If they do that, it would serve my purpose of giving even greater publicity to the abuse of legal process in Singapore and will add one more proof of what most people believe to be the case, that Singapore abuses the law to silence dissent.
I have no doubt that the Singapore Legal profession which is in effect an accomplice of the Singapore government in this dirty business, will not dare to do it, simply because they know they are abusing the law in this case.
In no country in the world other than Singapore or perhaps North Korea or Burma, will I be disciplined for my actions under these circumstances. That much I am sure.
But I would certainly hope they do, and help me in my work in exposing this corrupt regime and their corrupt legal system.
39737 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite A1
Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Tel: 510 657 6107
Fax: 510 657 6914
Your letters are welcome. We reserve the right to publish your letters. Please Email your letters to email@example.com And if you like what I write, please tell your friends. You will be helping democracy by distributing this widely. This blog not only gives information, it dispels government propaganda put out by this dictatorial regime.