Thursday, September 30, 2010

Law Society of Singapore vs Gopalan Nair, nothing!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

You know of the comedy that went on just recently for 4 days, from Sept 20, 2010 to Sept 24, 2010, the Disciplinary Proceedings to find me guilty of unprofessional conduct for, among other things, criticizing Lee Kuan Yew's judge Belinda Ang Saw Ean, on, believe it or not, more than 2 years ago, May 29, 2008!

It took them way more than a year even to charge me with anything, and mind you, after I had left the island of Singapore permanently, with no possibility of ever returning! Remember I am banned.

So you could very nicely say, they are taking their time indeed. And even now, they don't seem to be in any particular hurry. The Disciplinary proceedings had gone on in Singapore without me, since they were in effect preparing to arrest me again if I ever stepped foot there.

I can tell you that this sort of legal procedure that Lee Kuan Yew adopts in his Singapore is really something! This is how it is done, Singapore style. First you charge him in Singapore, while he himself is out of the country. Then you commence disciplinary proceedings against him with various charges, while he remains abroad. At the same time you make it clear that if he ever steps foot in Singapore he will be arrested, that way making sure he won't be there. Then you proceed against him in his absence and proclaim your victory. This is what is known as Singaporean Justice Lee Kuan Yew style.

Another way to put it is like this. You put the Defendant in a boxing ring. You tie both his hands. Then you knock him out and proclaim yourself winner.

You can see why I did not go to Singapore. You can also see why the Disciplinary Council in my absence has found me the most dishonorable lawyer that ever lived. They have not said so, so far, but we can expect them to do so, sooner or later.

And the other thing very unusual of this sort of Singaporean justice is the long delay, very long delay, they seem to take. Remember the principle offense that I allegedly committed was way back in May 2008. Why does it take them 2 years to do anything about it? And now, today being the 30th of September 2010, why have they said nothing about the proceedings against me that concluded on Sept 24, 2010! Had I committed any wrong doing in California, the State Bar would have filed charges against me the very next day.

I tell you why the Singaporean Law Society takes their time. It is because they are in a quandary. Perhaps they thought I was going to take their abuse lying down. But when I made clear that I had no such intention and began documenting their every move for the world to see in this blog, they realize they have made a mistake. They failed to consider, despite Lee Kuan Yew's claim to have an over the horizon radar of understanding, that today is not 1959. I have the Internet now. And they would have to cope with that whether they like it or not.

So, having got their knickers in a twist, their only hope seems to be to drag this over a long period of time, a very long period of time during which time they reckon perhaps that the memory of the whole thing might have faded in the public mind; after which they would come out with their disbarment. Which would satisfy me, because at any time of their choosing, I too would come out with my response for the world to judge.

Carry on, take your time, it suits me fine either way. But this blog would continue reminding you of Law Society of Singapore vs Gopalan Nair and about Lee Kuan Yew's judge Belinda Ang Saw Ean and how she prostituted her judicial office to please her master Lee Kuan Yew.

Gopalan Nair
39737 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite A1
Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Tel: 510 657 6107
Fax: 510 657 6914
Email: nair.gopalan@yahoo.com
Blog: http://singaporedissident.blogspot.com/

Your letters are welcome. We reserve the right to publish your letters. Please Email your letters to nair.gopalan@yahoo.com And if you like what I write, please tell your friends. You will be helping democracy by distributing this widely. This blog not only gives information, it dispels government propaganda put out by this dictatorial regime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I support you. Don't worry. We are fellow Singaporean. Remember Fellow Singaporean.