Ladies and Gentlemen,
It will be 4 years on Dec 23, 2010 that this blog Singapore Dissident has been writing. Singapore Dissident has come a long way since it started on Dec 23, 2006. Ironically the readership grew multi fold thanks to Lee Kuan Yew's one party state, when they arrested me in 2008 May for writing a blog criticizing his judge Belinda Ang Saw Ean who shamelessly abused every principle of law to punish Dr. Chee Soon Juan, Lee's political bete noir. Since then it has continued to grow and today it is being read throughout the world with Singaporeans naturally leading that readership. Here are the latest statistics. My purpose is to expose this regime, a regime bad for the island and it's future. I think I managing to do this.
From May 2010 up till now, the countries that have had the most visits in descending order, and the number of page reviews, are:
United States 37,222
United Kingdom 4,899
Hong Kong 792
Similarly for this period the most read blog posts and the number of visits are as follows:
1. Singapore's Lee Kuan Yew's wife dies, do we grieve...
Oct 2, 2010, 23 comments 1,220 Pageviews
2. Singapore, not for Indians or Malays Jun 30, 2010, 9 comments 816 Pageviews
3. Toppling the Singapore dictatorship by digging the... Nov 4, 2010, 10 comments 518 Pageviews
4. Singapore, "Law Drama" starring Oliver Fricker.
Jun 25, 2010, 5 comments 466 Pageviews
5. My advice to Lee Kuan Yew's son, step down while y... Oct 3, 2010, 29 comments 446 Pageviews
6. Singapore's Lee Kuan Yew hospitalized and the enti... Sep 29, 2010, 16 comments 444 Pageviews
7. Singapore's Commonwealth Games "victories" Oct 9, 2010, 9 comments 438 Pageviews
8. Foreign Policy Magazine votes Gopalan Nair "World'...
Nov 29, 2010, 17 comments 380 Pageviews
9. Lee Kuan Yew's Singapore forces foreigners to beco... Sep 10, 2010, 5 comments 377 Pageviews
10. Lee Kuan Yew's Singapore arrests Alan Shadrake. Jul 18, 2010, 7 comments 353 Pageviews
The above are only the countries who have most visited it and the blog posts most read. As for the total audience and the blog posts, there have been readers from every single country in the world including such far off ones as Latvia or Moldavia and every single blog post has been read.
Funnily now, I remember Lee Kuan Yew's minister Vivian Balakrishnan, one of his usual hand picked toady's dismissing blogs in general, as inconsequential and not a threat to his party claiming that they have "a readership of one, the author!". It appears his arrogance had got the better of him and now he has egg on his face, a lot egg. Singapore Dissident's page reviews is not just Gopalan Nair alone, it exceeds 100,000 in Singapore alone, for just the last 6 months.
I think Singapore Dissident is indeed making a difference to the perception of what Singapore actually is as opposed to what Lee Kuan Yew want the world to believe, through his state controlled propaganda.
I say a very big Thank You to you the readers and please continue to spread the word. 88 year old Lee Kuan Yew's regime will have a hard time continuing in their merry way of lies, more lies and brazen dishonesty.
And with coming of a more open and freer Singapore, I will be satisfied.
39737 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite A1
Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Tel: 510 657 6107
Fax: 510 657 6914
Your letters are welcome. We reserve the right to publish your letters. Please Email your letters to email@example.com And if you like what I write, please tell your friends. You will be helping democracy by distributing this widely. This blog not only gives information, it dispels government propaganda put out by this dictatorial regime.