Sunday, January 11, 2015

Je Suis Charlie. Singapore Dissident Gopalan Nair is Charlie.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I was overwhelmed with emotion to see the proud brave French with pens in their hands and their mouth proclaiming "Je Suis Charlie", I am Charlie, meaning I am with those brave men and women murdered at Charlie Hebdo in Paris.

Yes. "Je Suis Charlie". I am Charlie. I, Gopalan Nair and Singapore Dissident stand with Charlie Hebdo, just as I stand against the Lee Kuan Yew Singapore dictatorship.  I proclaim the right to say what I want. Because, I say,  just as Charb who was the murdered editor of Charlie Hebdo said, without right to free speech, we are dead, I too tell the Singapore dictators Lee Kuan Yew and his Son, that without the right to free speech I too will die.

Therefore my message to Lee Kuan Yew, his son and the henchmen around him is this. I will continue to write what I want in these pages. Because that is my right and my ideal. I am Gopalan Nair. Just as Francios Hollande said to these murderers of Charlie Hebdo, I am a free person. My ideals are bigger than myself. And I will never stop writing what I feel in these pages.

Just like the brave Frenchmen, I have this message for Lee Kuan Yew, his son and his dictatorship. The pen is mightier than the sword. You can threaten me through your agents and your 5th column. But I will never surrender my right to say what I want. And I will continue criticizing your government in these pages for the world to see.

And eventually you will realize that the ideals of freedom are far stronger than your threats and intimidation. These pages will continue to write what I see is wrong with your government. Each article will continue to have my name and identity proudly written at the bottom.

Dictators only succeed when they manage to frighten their critics into submission. When their critics refuse to submit and stand up to them, they can do nothing. That is when they look silly.

This is my message to the Singapore dictatorship of Lee Kuan Yew, his son and family.

Gopalan Nair
Attorney at law
A Singaporean In Exile
Fremont, California USA
Tel: 510 491 8525
Email: nair.gopalan@yahoo.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/singapore.dissident

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is another Je Suis Charlie in Singapore and Roy Ngern has returned.

Source: http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/01/12/roy-pm-takes-issue-with-9-more-of-my-articles/

Anonymous said...

#Je Suis Leslie Chew. Here is the cartoon that Leslie Chew was arrested for.

https://sonofadud.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/demoncratic-cartoon.jpg