Ladies and Gentlemen,
Yesterday, Singapore's state controlled newspaper the Straits Times had this report "NS Evader jailed 1 1/2 months, judge gives sentencing guidelines" Please see http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/ns-evader-jailed-112-months-judge-gives-sentencing-guidelines
The young man (shown above ) is Brian Chow aged 25, the subject of the jailing. At the age of 14 he left the island for Australia and did not return till now. When he voluntarily returned, they arrested him, forced him to serve national service and sent him to jail for 1 1/2 months. The purpose of this report is very clear. The government is getting desperate. Most Singaporeans try to avoid service and many are finding ways to avoid it. For a tiny island with a tiny population this is simply devastating. The barracks are empty. And especially in the case of a predominantly ethnic Chinese island such as this because the Chinese race and the military are opposites, like dogs and cats, fire and water or mongoose and the snake. They simply detest anything military preferring to do business, count money or work in a bank with shirt sleeves, tie and spectacles.
The government realizing the national service hole they are in, which is only getting deeper, have decided that they are now going to use strong arm tactics to frighten others to serve. No it will not work. Gradually the island will be depleted of its own citizens, students going abroad will not return, there are hardly any children being born and Singapore Chinese women are in hot pursuit of Caucasian men so that they can live abroad and have half Chinese children in the West instead.
If you have any self pride and dignity you should avoid national service if you can for the following reasons:
1. You should not serve a dictatorship. Singapore is a dictatorship with Lee Kuan Yew's son the dictator. One has no respect for an island such as this. You would not want to serve Adolf Hitler in Nazi Germany. He was a dictator too. Many Germans at the time left Germany because they did not want to serve Hitler's army. Similarly Lee Kuan Yew's son treats the island as if it belongs to him.
2. Singapore does not have the rule of law. The judges are corrupt and state appointees just as the judges of Papa Doc's Haiti. They simply pass verdicts that please the state, not justice.
3. Lee Kuan Yew's son is corrupt. He pays himself millions of your money. Tax payers money. Why would you want to serve an island with corrupt rulers such as these.
4. If you criticize Lee Kuan Yew's son, he will sue you in his Kangaroo Courts. Why should you serve an island where you have no right to speak openly.
5. Singapore does not have a Constitution. Every single constitutional right which you had such as freedom of speech, assembly, expression have all now been made criminal offenses. Why would you want to serve an island in which you live no better than a slave with no rights at all.
6. Lee Kuan Yew's son is lying to you when he says National Service is to protect the country. It is not so. Actually national service is to protect his interests. In order to pay himself millions, he needs people to work and provide labor for the companies that he owns and from which he profits. If there are no male citizens left in the island, he will not have enough labor to create wealth for himself. That is why he demands that you stay back and do national service.
7. Singapore national service is like indentured labor. Through demanding you serve 2 years of national service and another 10 years of reservists, you are literally imprisoned within the island for the best years of your life, forcing you to work in Singapore and support Lee Kuan Yew's son. You should free yourself from the bondage and leave Singapore now. If you stay, you not only have to do national service, you would be living as a slave in fear in obedience to Lee Kuan Yew's son.
8. The longer you live in Singapore, the more your brain is damaged. You become like a zombie in the voodoo culture. You obey like a slave and become unable to think or do anything for yourself. This is in fact the best reason why you should leave. Most Singaporeans who leave Singapore do not succeed in the West. Their minds have become consumed with fear. Largely they are only capable of doing what they are told to do. In the West the ones who succeed are not Singaporeans brought up under Lee Kuan Yew or his son; instead they are Indians from India, Pakistanis, Filipinos, Arabs and even Mexicans even though many do not have a good education. What they lack in education, they have in confidence. For example a Mexican would have the courage to speak to an audience, while a Singaporean told to do this would probably soil his pants. Every other nationality are very different from the robotic zombie like product of Singapore. Because others have independent minds, they can think, question and are not afraid to have different viewpoints. This is why a Singaporean can never be a leader. He is only capable of obedience.
9. It is not too hard to avoid returning to Singapore once you are in the west. You can file for asylum and claim to be a conscientious objector or rely on religious grounds. Even though refusal to do national service is not a ground by itself for asylum, these other grounds are. I can assure you that no western country will force you to return to Singapore if you raise such a claim. In any case refusal to serve national service is not an extraditable offence. They cannot ever force you to return.
10. Today the world is global. You don't have to live in that tiny island with this silly dictator strutting around like a prize rooster and bullying everyone in his way.
11. With this case of Brian Chow it is now certain that if you ever return, you would not only have to do national service but also be thrown in jail. All for what purpose? To serve a dictatorship with corrupt leaders and a corrupt judiciary? I think this case has sealed the fate of this dictatorship upon their national service laws. Now even those who may be even remotely contemplating serving will not because they know they will have to go to jail as well as do national service. We have to thank this Alice in Wonderland judge for doing this as he has struck the last nail in the national service coffin within which lies the dead national service law.
The Singapore government and Lee Kuan Yew's son are fuming with rage at me for trying to persuade even more people to abscond from service. And why should I not do that. I am sure they are thinking how they could stop me from writing. There is no doubt that there are many who may have been undecided on whether to serve who have decided not to after reading this blog.
So will Lee Kuan Yew's son sue me in California? Probably not. Because he knows his nonsense in Singapore is not going to work here.
Attorney at Law
A Singaporean in Exile
Fremont (near San Francisco) California USA
Tel: 510 491 8525