Saturday, March 19, 2011

Law Society of Singapore vs Gopalan Nair. Waiting for the elections to be over.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

May I please ask the President of the Singapore Law Society who expectedly takes his orders orders from his Singapore Dictator Lee Kuan Yew, in that one party Stalinist state, what has happened to my long awaited disbarment from the Rolls of lawyers in Singapore?

The incident that occasioned the Law Society disciplinary proceedings against me occurred in Singapore in May 2008, for Heavens Sake! It is going to be 3 years very soon! What sort of a disciplinary proceedings is that, where one has to wait 3 years to be disbarred!

Anyone reading this blog post who does not know the unique Singapore system where on the outside there are proclamations of freedom and democracy but in the inside it is a one party Stalinist state, would have thought I am crazy for almost looking forward to being disbarred in Singapore!

But you see my disbarment in Lee Kuan Yew's Singapore is a fiat accompli. As I now stand here in California, I am as good as disbarred in Singapore. Never in Singapore's history has anyone got away after even the slightest criticism of their judges. If you ever criticize, no matter how justified you may be, you would be taken to task. If you apologize, perhaps a slightly lower punishment. If not that is the end of you.

In my case I refuse to apologize. Why should I, when I did no wrong. In any case I am in California and Mr. Lee Kuan Yew and his Prime Minister son can take their disbarment and shove it up, you know where.

Mr. Lee Kuan Yew is very angry man. You see, he does not usually encounter someone like me. Anyone within Singapore in these circumstances would have crawled before him, ate humble pie and bent over backwards all at once or in sequence, it does not matter.

But I live in a free country, California, USA. Freedom somehow emboldens you. It gives you strength, which is drained in an island such as Singapore.

What makes him even more angry is the fact that I continue writing these blogs, and of all people in the world, it reaches Singaporeans. They can see that there is at least one man out there in California who is prepared to show his middle finger to Lee Kuan Yew, as I do now, and as I in fact did when I met him in the Singapore court room in May 2008 when he and his employee Judge Belinda Ang Saw Ean were lynching poor Chee Soon Juan.

Singaporeans and I know that I am going to be disbarred in that island, that is as sure as the sun rises; it does not matter I had every right to do what I did, which was no more than criticism.

But I am going to tell you why they have not proceeded with the hearing before the court yet, even after nearly 3 years. One reason is of course because they are now in a bind. They don't know what to do. They face a very stubborn opponent, Gopalan Nair, who simply refuses to roll over and act dead. And when all this blows up into the open, there is going to be egg on the face, not on mine but on the Singapore dictatorship.

Another reason now is because the general elections are just about to be held. It will not be very good for the voters to be reminded once again just before elections that their judges are corrupt and beholden to the Lee Kuan Yew family by disbarring me. It may even persuade a few voters to choose the opposition instead, although it is true that Lee can if he wants just stuff the ballot boxes.

So I am sure my disciplinary hearing before the 3 judge court will be heard immediately after the elections, not just now.

That is how eerily predictable court cases are especially when it has something to do with criticizing Lee Kuan Yew' judges in Lee Kuan Yew's Singapore.

I will point this out to the State Bar of California as another example of Singapore's corrupt legal system and their corrupt judiciary. The State bar of California requires reporting of any order of discipline against me even outside California.

It is a pleasant irony that these actions by Singapore intended to hurt me, is turning out to another welcome prize that I can use to expose their Fascist regime as another example of using the law as a tool to stifle legitimate dissent and criticism.

Gopalan Nair
Attorney at Law
39737 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite A1
Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Tel: 510 657 6107
Fax: 510 657 6914
Email: nair.gopalan@yahoo.com
Blog: http://singaporedissident.blogspot.com/

Your letters are welcome. We reserve the right to publish your letters. Please Email your letters to nair.gopalan@yahoo.com And if you like what I write, please tell your friends. You will be helping democracy by distributing this widely. This blog not only gives information, it dispels government propaganda put out by this dictatorial regime.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro, you might want to use this tool http://www.addthis.com/ in your blog posts so readers can bookmark and recommend to others.

Anonymous said...

Mark my words, you will be asked to show cause as to why your name should not be removed from the rolls before a court of 3 judges within 4 weeks from today. The 3 judges will be CJ Chan Sek Keong, Justice Andrew Phang and Justice V K Rajah.

If you fail to appear the case will be heard in absentia.

Gopalan Nair said...

To Anonymous Mar 20, 0503,
If that is the case, we are making some progress, although it is a joke that it has taken 3 years.

These so called judges in Lee Kuan Yew's Singapore will have to justify their decision to disbar I hope. And that is going to be interesting.

As for my appearing, I am still considering it. As for in absentia hearings, they have already done it once at the Disciplinary Hearing.

Who are you by the way, part of the establishment, with inside information?

Anonymous said...

wow, 3 top dogs of hotdog lee judging you? you are very expensive,mr nair.

imagine how much resources & expenses have been spent pursuing you.

if this is true, it will be a great honour for you.

the blog is mightier than the lee.

mr nair. thank you.

Courage In The City said...

I've written an appeal regarding Mr. Yong Vui Kong. Please read my blog post here: http://lilyevangelene.blogspot.com/2011/03/breaking-news-23-year-old-yong-vui-kong.html

I'm really hurt by capital punishment.

Anonymous said...

Talking about Election, have you seen the kind of candidates the PAP are putting up.
The standard of PAP politicians have dropped so much that it reminds me of the defenseless kiwi being chewed up by the introduced animal, the cat.

Without opposition and critical local media to sharpen and "train" the new MPs, I think they will either start suing or crying when interviewed by overseas journalists. Even the current
PM ask the Straits Times not to be too harsh on the new candidates. "very daunting"

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110327-270363.html

Anonymous said...

Gopalan.

Thanks for writing. You did said bad things about our juduciary. If Singapore ministry of law is serious, they should fight you wherever you are. If their case is strong, they should come to USA to fight you.

I am puzzled by the weakness of ministry of law of Singapore.

Anonymous said...

keep writing it as you see it !!

Gopalan Nair said...

To Anonomous Mar 28 0849,
Thats what I have been doing all my life.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gopalan,

Where ru, don't take break from writing for a week time,keep writing, sometime i see 2 to 3 articles in a fews days and none for an week, its 10 days now since you have posted your writeups..I can't wait so long.

Anonymous said...

Thanks you for writing. Otherwise, the dull life of being a singapore slave will only worsen without the knowledge that there is at least some voice of criticism within cyberspace. It still baffles me why some Singaporeans are so loyal to PAP and are totally unaware of why they should be dissatisfied.

Anonymous said...

you truly amaze me with every article. unfortunately it seems that as long as there is a new shopping mall, the rest of singapore just dont seem to care. business as usual. they dont give rat's ass who governs them. pretty sad but true.