Monday, March 28, 2011

Singapore's headlong march to a total fascist state.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore is driving the country headlong into fascism. And in that process it is taking it headlong into the bog.

The signs of fascism is all very evident and in recent times ever more so. Only a few days ago, the Straits Times, a state controlled newspaper there (by the way all papers are state controlled) reported that Singapore civil servants are now being posted to the different constituencies to work with the government members of Parliament, something which would have been unheard of in any other democracy, where the civil service is always expected to be completely neutral in politics.

Even before this latest action, Singapore has all along had the elements of a fascist state which extols the principle that all organs of state and power work with one mind. We already have this today. The newspapers are state controlled, the judiciary takes orders from the Lee Kuan Yew family, all forms of open criticism is denied, protests are illegal, demonstrations are illegal and the only way to succeed in life is by joining and supporting Lee Kuan Yew's Peoples Action Party.

A comparison with Hitler's Germany places Germany in at least an arguably sounder position than Singapore. Germany after the first world war was in shambles when Hitler came along and promised economic salvation, to which many Germans went along, whereas Lee Kuan Yew, Singapore's dictator does not appear to have any excuse at all for his insistence on a fascist state. In his case, the only justification he has, even though he does not want to admit it, is to ensure him and his family remaining in power eternally.

And we now see the damage that this persistent demand for fascism on his part is doing to Singapore. We have been reading the daily reports of Lee Kuan Yew's new politicians who are being fielded at the elections and who will invariably win and would be running your government. The sight of some of these men and women is indeed alarming.

Only yesterday, a 27 year old Chinese Singaporean woman, whom no one has ever heard before has been paraded as one of the new leaders of the new government. She has no political experience, no leadership qualities whatsoever, no knowledge of any political theory or practice whatsoever except of course her desire to enrich herself by serving the Lee Kuan Yew government. If she has one quality, I expect that to be the ability to say and do anything that Lee Kuan Yew demands, anywhere anytime ,day or night. Otherwise her head is empty.

In the same vein as this political aspirant, Singapore style, many others have been brought out by Lee Kuan Yew and their faces paraded. I for one would find it very unpleasant to live under a regime with such men and women who have no idea about anything except to please Lee Kuan Yew running my life!

One such person for the Lee Kuan Yew team comes as a surprise. He is a former Malaysian Northern Ireland doctor who will be the latest face in the PAP. But why does he want to be part of this government which has been discredited and disgraced as nothing more than a dictatorship. Is he not aware that it has no free press, no human rights, a politicized judiciary which would be prepared to say anytime that 2 and 2 is 25 or any other number that Lee wants to hear? Would one not expect such an educated man such as this to join the opposition instead and try to bring about some justice and freedom to the people. Or is it that he sees it as the greatest oppurtunity to enrich himself in the process.

Looking at the runners in this election, I can tell you that it is Singapore which is suffering under such mediocrity. They very fact that Lee Kuan Yew has to rely on such 27 year old dummies shows that he is finding it extremely difficult to find anyone even remotely capable willing to join his bandwagon, a bandwagon that has been disgraced and discredited.

And the lack of talent is not only with the PAP but also with the opposition, but this time for another reason. People who are qualified, educated and experienced fear to enter opposition politics because of what Lee Kuan Yew will do to them, leaving only a few brave souls who are prepared to martyr themselves for Singapore.

I can tell you Singapore is made up of a multi fold number of talented people who would have served the people in government. But they fear Lee Kuan Yew which ensures their silence and withdrawal from any political activity. In fact the vast majority of them are no longer in Singapore choosing instead to live in the West where they are free.

And what is left is this 27 year old woman who has joined politics to sing Lee's praises, and to tell you what to do.

Am I not glad I got out.

Gopalan Nair
Attorney at Law
39737 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite A1
Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Tel: 510 657 6107
Fax: 510 657 6914
Email: nair.gopalan@yahoo.com
Blog: http://singaporedissident.blogspot.com/

Your letters are welcome. We reserve the right to publish your letters. Please Email your letters to nair.gopalan@yahoo.com And if you like what I write, please tell your friends. You will be helping democracy by distributing this widely. This blog not only gives information, it dispels government propaganda put out by this dictatorial regime.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ms Tin was interviewed about her cute acts of her pictures from her facebook.

At the end of the clip Ms Tin abruptly said: "I don't know what to say!" Then, she laughed and stomped her feet.

What a clown...just imagine if she is going to say the similar things during an election.

Anonymous said...

The PAP camp has cried WHY SO MEAN? when referring to the public/net attacks on the new PAP candidates.

Least we forget - it is the PAP and the old man himself, who are mean to the opposition candidates, and use the court of justice to destroy them.

Miss Tin is perhaps used to keep the relation to the ground/grassroots - but is she strong enough represent her people's concerns. What is her conviction/ambitions besides looking cute and naive.

Singapore is finished if there is no REAL political renewal.

Eg Last week, Australia's NSW state election abandoned Labor after 16 years in office. Voters know when the party has stop functioning. The Coalition who took over discovered a $4b budget hole.

But Singapore? It appears increasingly hopeless. Even if another party take government, I shudder to think what hidden skeletons are hidden in Singapore government closets.

Remember Japan running nuclear diasater. Humans are the same everywhere, they have something to hide.

http://onesingaporean.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/tnp-31-mar-2011.jpg?w=224&h=300

Anonymous said...

What happened to Singapore politics while you are away

(Taken from a respected forummer in Sammyboy forum.)

?? Guess who am I ??

My father is a long standing PAP member.
My boss is the wife of a PAP MP
My husband's boss is also a PAP Member
And I am trying to be a PAP MP

I have never done or achieved anything on merit. I found my job via the PAP. My husband via the PAP.

If I am elected an MP I will again ask the PAP to help me help my constituents.

I am young, ambitious and got to say naive things. I also have no shame and no dignity. I am told that Singapore makes you like that.

You must have connections. In the old days, if you are young and reasonably attractive and you want to have good life, you have little choice but marry men older than you.

I guess I am now the new generation still using the old formula - connections and marrying a someone older but well connected.

I am however disappointed with the Singapore Press Holdings. They are not proud of me. They refused to print that my boss is Dilys Boey who is married to Hri Kumar Nair,
the PAP MP, who is a lawyer, and who was so shy to carry his surname of Nair after the alcoholic ex-president.

I am not shy and I am ambitious.

You think it is easy to snare a PPS of the PM. Well this baby did it. Just on that alone you got admire me. At age 27, I got the PAP MP to get his wife to hire me. I got the PM 's PPS to marry me. I bet none of you can match me. In a few months time, I will be an MP.

You Singaporeans must be the dumbest bunch ever. Imagine I have not achieved anything in life worth mentioning and yet I got the PAP to make me an MP.

Watch me make a whole bunch and dumb Singaporeans vote me in.

Anonymous said...

What happened to Singapore politics while you are away

(Taken from a respected forummer in Sammyboy forum.)

?? Guess who am I ??

My father is a long standing PAP member.
My boss is the wife of a PAP MP
My husband's boss is also a PAP Member
And I am trying to be a PAP MP

I have never done or achieved anything on merit. I found my job via the PAP. My husband via the PAP.

If I am elected an MP I will again ask the PAP to help me help my constituents.

I am young, ambitious and got to say naive things. I also have no shame and no dignity. I am told that Singapore makes you like that.

You must have connections. In the old days, if you are young and reasonably attractive and you want to have good life, you have little choice but marry men older than you.

I guess I am now the new generation still using the old formula - connections and marrying a someone older but well connected.

I am however disappointed with the Singapore Press Holdings. They are not proud of me. They refused to print that my boss is Dilys Boey who is married to Hri Kumar Nair,
the PAP MP, who is a lawyer, and who was so shy to carry his surname of Nair after the alcoholic ex-president.

I am not shy and I am ambitious.

You think it is easy to snare a PPS of the PM. Well this baby did it. Just on that alone you got admire me. At age 27, I got the PAP MP to get his wife to hire me. I got the PM 's PPS to marry me. I bet none of you can match me. In a few months time, I will be an MP.

You Singaporeans must be the dumbest bunch ever. Imagine I have not achieved anything in life worth mentioning and yet I got the PAP to make me an MP.

Watch me make a whole bunch and dumb Singaporeans vote me in.

Anonymous said...

I think there are 2 issues with Singapore General Election here.
(OK, there are more than 2, but these are the important ones)

1. The use of Group Representative System.

2. The lack of a free press.

Age and inexperienced by itself are not handicaps to a person wanting to be a MP. The more important aspect is whether this person is capable of doing his/her job.

The issue with Tin is that she has no desirable attributes that indicate that she is capable of carrying out her duty to her constituents.

Eg. The public is not happy about her immature behavior and her parroting of PAP policies devoid of reality check.

PAP should be shocked by the internet community's hugely negative attributes that makes her and the PAP a laughing stock. Too late to remove her now, but the PAP brand is been shaken from its pedestal by disappointed voters. How did PAP make such a bad choice?
It is making the opposition look better.

We get some ideas of Tin's stress from Goh Chok Tong's Facebook. Perhaps Tin will be field under his team.

But Singaporeans should be angry if she slips into parliament in a GRC, as a connected person (big no no), incapable to doing her job (X).

Anonymous said...

pap new candidates look like a beauty parade of duds.

yes, the controversy over the choice of tin and foo are playing out on the web.

this wonderful comm median is scrutinizing what the pap fail to pick up.

the world has changed around pap.

Courage In The City said...

23 YEAR OLD YONG VUI KONG FACES DEATH PENALTY IN SINGAPORE http://t.co/cdNBsKl PLEASE HELP SAVE YONG VUI KONG! RE.TWEET THIS!

Anonymous said...

She said that, "The cost of education for the young one is very low". What a joke!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3GSjvYG76Q

Anonymous said...

Ms Tin admitted that, "I don't know what to say...!" She better has something constructive to say in parliament. Rather than laughing like a childish and stomping her feet. Just look at this link which has been going viral.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_6x_5J78Rs