Monday, January 16, 2012

Singapore. Lee Kuan Yew has no answer to the Singapore Dissident.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

If Singapore's purpose is to stop people criticizing them, so as not to derail their plans of continuing their grip over the citizens, they are totally ineffective with the likes of Gopalan Nair and his blog Singapore Dissident.

In 2008 while I was visiting the island for a short trip, they not only arrested me and sent me to jail for writing the sort of stuff I do here, they managed also to stop me from blogging and even from visiting members of the Singapore Democratic Party on the grounds that I, as a foreigner, am interfering in their domestic politics, a very thin excuse since I am a Singaporean through and through having been born in the island and spent nearly all my life there.

But the point I am making is this. They don't want me to write anything critical of their regime and they will arrest me if they can. Their intent is that local Singaporeans who live under their grip should not be allowed to read this sort of thing. Fair enough. But why is it that if I did the very same thing from outside, which more and more Singaporeans are reading as well as the rest of the world are doing, they take no action to have me stopped?

Surely whether I am physically within Singapore is not the point. What they want is Singaporeans should not read the criticism that I write. So it appears their purpose is entirely defeated because not only that I continue writing, I have been emboldened by my safety in being abroad.

So frankly, all the actions to have me jailed and disbarred and deported from Singapore have all been in vain. They might as well have left me alone, thinking of it in hindsight, as nothing has been achieved by all their punishments. They have as I see written a few articles tarnishing my name in the Internet and reported that I have been disbarred from practicing there, but the moment, they read of what I write here, and with a little bit more of outside reading, they will find out that the real rat is not Gopalan Nair but this Lee Kuan Yew regime that is trying to muzzle and suppress the aspirations of their people for freedom.

It looks like they have no lawful recourse against Gopalan Nair and his blog. Have they thought of an extra judicial killing? Or are they incapable of that?

Gopalan Nair
Attorney at Law
Disbarred from practicing law in Lee's Singapore, imprisoned and refused entry to the island for criticizing Singapore's judiciary in this blog (see blogpost May 29, 2008 Singapore. Judge Belinda Ang's Kangaroo Court)
Actively practicing law in California and in good standing at the California Bar.
Member in good standing as a lawyer in England and Wales (Barrister).
39737 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite A1
Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Tel: 510 657 6107
Fax: 510 657 6914
Email: nair.gopalan@yahoo.com
Blog: http://singaporedissident.blogspot.com/

Your letters are welcome. We reserve the right to publish your letters. Please Email your letters to nair.gopalan@yahoo.com And if you like what I write, please tell your friends. You will be helping democracy by distributing this widely. This blog not only gives information, it dispels government propaganda put out by this dictatorial regime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://veritas-lux.blogspot.com/2012/01/man-get-12-months-for-stealing-32-to.html