There are many reasons why Singaporean young men would want to avoid national service, the main one being
These few facts may help in making up your mind to refuse to serve and go abroad.
1. Refusal to do national service is not an extraditable offense.
2. If you leave, unless your parents have signed some bond with the government, they will not have to suffer any loss.
3. It is best for you to give up your
4. Living in
5. Once you fail to serve, it would mean that if you ever returned, you will be arrested. But this is no big impediment since you can go freely anywhere else in the world, and it is no big loss not to be able to visit
6. The Lee Kuan Yew administration is obviously very upset with what I am doing here in criticizing their corrupt regime through the Internet. But as you can see, there is nothing they can do if you are abroad because you are protected by the laws of the free world, and dictatorships like that of Singapore’s Lee Kuan Yew or Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe really doesn’t mean a thing. Except for when you are within their country, they are as weak as a lamb.
Good Luck and Pursue your Dreams
Attorney at Law
Tel 510 491 4375