Monday, May 26, 2014

For Singaporeans who suffer persecution for their political beliefs. Offer to advice on asylum law of the United States

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As seen by the recent events in Singapore with increasing repression by the government against  young men and women who are justly and lawfully demanding their civil rights, if you feel you don't want to take this anymore, and want to leave for settlement elsewhere, I am willing to advice on the law of asylum of the United States.

This week alone, 5 young men were arrested for writing anti government slogans on walls. Also a young man has been threatened with libel and slander action for having written an anti government blog on the Internet. By all indications, it appears the government is ratcheting up it's repression against those who are only speaking up for their rights. We can expect the numbers arrested to increase. It appears the government has become increasingly insecure and their only means to silence and cow the population is to use harsher and harsher repressive measures.

I want the reader to know that for those who feel hopeless in that island, there is a way out by leaving.

I am willing to meet those who want advice on US asylum law in Johor Bahru Malaysia across the Causeway from Singapore to advice on US asylum law. The cheaper way to do this is to get a group of people to share the expenses of my travel to Johor Bahru Malaysia to meet you in person. That way it would be cheaper for you since my fees could be shared among you. You could also ask all the questions you need to ask.

If you would like to take this opportunity to meet me, tell your friends about it and let me know and I will meet you there.

I have 18 years of experience in Asylum law and US Immigration law in general. I am well qualified to give you excellent advice.

I am unable to enter Singapore as I was deported from the island in 2008 after I was arrested and jailed for writing a blog post critical of their judges, something I am very proud of. You can read about it in my earlier blog posts here. But I have no problem in meeting you in Johor Bahru which is just across the causeway from the island.

My telephone number is 510 491 8525 and my email is nair.gopalan@yahoo.com. Call or write to me if you want to see me.

I am very happy that more Singaporeans are having the courage to stand up to the dictatorship. Well done. I am proud of you.

Gopalan Nair
Attorney at Law
Fremont, California, USA

No comments: