Sunday, April 20, 2008

Letter from 15 year old Ernest Chen, Saturday 19th April 2008

Dear Mr Gopalan Nair ,

My name is Ernest Chen and I am a Singaporean student studying in Singapore and I am 15 this year. I have been faithful in reading your blog entries since the start of this year and I really enjoy your critical comments on Singapore and the government. I really agree that living in Singapore is unbearable and I am sure that you would be delighted to know that not all students are brainwashed by the Singapore's regimented education system.

Hence, I would like to ask for permission for the use of your blog entries. Of course, I will not copy chunks of words from your blog, instead, I will want to use your ideas, and come out with essays on my own, using my own words. The idea and structure will be resemble yours, but the the words I use will be simpler as my target is to students like me.

So again, I would like to ask for your permission to adapt your posts to put them on my blog. I hope you would consider allowing me to do so.

I hope that you would reply to my email.

Thank you very much.

Ernest Chen


Hello Ernest,

Permission readily and gladly given.
Thank you very much

Gopalan Nair
Fremont, California
April 20th 2008