Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Law Society of Singapore, undertaking

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The following is an Email I sent to the Attorney General of Singapore requesting safe passage to and from Singapore to attend my trial in July 2011. I fear being arrested if I return. I don't expect him to give any undertaking because his government and their courts fear to face me in court. The last time I had requested for this to attend the Law Society proceedings in Singapore, he did not respond.


An undertaking that I will not be arrested if I return to Singapore for my trial in July 2011

Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:13 AM
From: "Gopalan Nair"
Add sender to Contacts
To: agc@agc.govsg

To the Attorney General Singapore,

I have been informed by the Law Society Singapore that my trial in professional disciplinary proceedings instituted against me will be heard on July 25/26 2011 in Singapore.

I am living in California, USA. I am desirous of attending the proceedings to defend myself in person.

The charges against me include insulting 2 judges in my blog Singapore Dissident and violating an undertaking given to a judge after I had returned to the US.

As for the charges of insulting a judge, since returning to the USA, I have written numerous blogs in Singapore Dissident which are the same or worse than what I had written in the charge. Second, since I had deliberately defied a Singapore court order not to criticize your judges and to remove 2 blog posts, I stand liable to be charged for contempt of court if I returned to Singapore.

In the circumstances, I request a guarantee from you that I will not be arrested if I step foot in Singapore to attend my trial in July 2011.

I also request a guarantee that I will not be arrested on false charges and imprisoned.

I would like to add that if you fail to provide the requested guarantees, you would be seen as being afraid of facing me in court and would rather proceed against me in absentia as your Singapore Law Society did earlier in these proceedings.

Regardless, I would like to assure you that Singapore Dissident intends to continue writing about the injustices in the Fascist state of Singapore and their kangaroo courts.

Thank you
Gopalan Nair

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Gopalan Nair, I truly feel sad and worried for you, now they have you summond to their court. I wish I can help you get out of your precarious situation now, but I am sorry I cannot, except to offer you my words of encouragement and hope. May you have all the best legal experts and friends to assist and protect you from their legal persecution against you. Finally, I sincerely wish that you will eventually find your way out of this mess and be a free man again. Thanks again.

Gopalan Nair said...

To Anonymous June 160603,
Thanks but I am American citizen. I live in the US. I am not bothered about what they do in Singapore. Please don't feel sorry for me. I am not sorry at all.

Anonymous said...

Send your missives to The Guardian and other newspapers that have been following the Shandrake miscarriage of justice.