Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Law Society of Singapore vs Gopalan Nair, hearing before the High Court Singapore on either July 25, or July 26, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Reference my long awaited trial in Singapore to have me disbarred, which will be heard in the High Court of Singapore before 3 of Lee Kuan Yew's judges on either July 25, 2011 or July 26, 2011. This is according to a letter I received from the lawyer for the Singapore Law Society who has asked Lee Kuan Yew's court for either of these dates. At this point they have not said who the judges are going to be or in which court number, the exact date or the time, but when I am told more details, I will let you know.

As you already know my disbarment in Singapore is a forgone conclusion in Lee Kuan Yew's Singapore, the only country in the world where you can predict the verdict with 100% accuracy even before you step into the courtroom, that is if you one of Lee Kuan Yew's detractors.

It is good that my disbarment comes closely in the wake of Alan Shadrake's release from jail next week, when the the international outrage for his jailing is fresh in the minds of freedom loving peoples throughout the world.

Rest assured, the criticism in Singapore Dissident for the disgraceful abuse of the law by Singapore's judges such as Belinda Ang Saw Ean will continue before and after my disbarment in Singapore.

One additional consolation for me in all this is giving Lee Kuan Yew's lawyers and judges a great deal of work doing all this. Thank you.

Gopalan Nair
Fremont, California, USA

No comments: