Thursday, October 29, 2009

Another Singapore Army deserter

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Below is another intending deserter from the Singapore Army. He wrote to me with a request that I fill up a security set of letters for my repsonse. I did it. here is his Email and my response.


Regarding your blog and extradite policy

Thursday, October 29, 2009 7:15 AM
From: "Matthew Tan"
Add sender to Contacts
To: nair.gopalan@yahoo.comHi,

I am a student from Singapore planning to study in USA and while googling on extradition by the USA, I chance upon your blog. I am also never a supporter of PAP for various reasons. (Mainly I believe a roles in government cannot be dynastic)

I have a question to ask and hope you will help me. I am also studying law(both civil and criminal) on my own as an interest.

Firstly I am a conscientious objector/pacifist and I do not wish to serve the army and plan to continue my university studies in USA without serving the army. I plan to be a scientist in future possibly forever in the USA.

I would like to know if I would be extradite back to Singapore from USA if I failed to enlist?

Also if I failed to enlist am I breaking the military law or does Singapore classified military law under criminal law?

Thanks

Best regards,
Matthew

My response:

Re: Regarding your blog and extradite policy
Thursday, October 29, 2009 5:22 PM
From: "Gopalan Nair"
Add sender to Contacts
To: "Matthew Tan"

You will not be extradited.
Thanks

No comments: