Thursday, October 1, 2009

Singapore. What sort of "rule of law" is that!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

On Sept 05, 2009, the Singapore state controlled newspaper (all newspapers are owned and controlled by the state) the Straits Times reported in their article "Law Society acts against Gopalan Nair" which published that they had successfully applied to the Singapore High Court to commission a tribunal to look into professionally disciplining me, which means in effect disbarring me.

As is the basic fundamental requirement is any legal system, they have to give notice of any action against someone, to him. But up till today, the Law Society has not sent me any court documents about anything they have done in this case; which they claim to have done. Except reading the newspaper article, I am in the dark.

So you may want to ask, is this "Singapore style rule of law" where you proceed against a Defendant without even letting him know the charges or the complaint?

Is this not a blatant violation of normal due process, merely writing in the state controlled newspaper that applications have been filed with the High Court to commission a tribunal against me, and the High Court allowing the application but not providing any details of this to me, except merely printing a news article in their newspapers?

I am sure even in Hitler's Germany, the Jew was given notice of the case against him in court. It appears Singapore is worse than that; it certainly looks like rule of law, Singapore style.

Not that I care 2 hoots whether they disbar me in Singapore or not, a country which has banned me from entering without permission; I am writing this to expose the duplicity of a country that claims to have the "rule of law". What law?

Please write for an explanation to:

Sydney Michael Hwang, Singapore Senior Counsel
Singapore Law Society president
39 South Bridge Road
Singapore 058673
Email: lawsoc@lawsoc.org

Gopalan Nair
39737 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite A1
Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Tel: 510 657 6107
Fax: 510 657 6914
Email: nair.gopalan@yahoo.com
Blog: http://singaporedissident.blogspot.com/

Your letters are welcome. We reserve the right to publish your letters. Please Email your letters to nair.gopalan@yahoo.com And if you like what I write, please tell your friends. You will be helping democracy by distributing this widely. This blog not only gives information, it dispels government propaganda put out by this dictatorial regime.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha they do not even bother telling the defendant.

That tells a lot about Singapore rule of law. . .not that I'm surprised.

Renaldi

Anonymous said...

may be they got no bill to sent you. consider it a break

Anonymous said...

I think they are simply afraid of you.

(I will be afraid of you too, if I have no case against you.)

Further more, they are trying to play down the issue as well.

(I will also keep the proceeding hush-hush if I know that my actions are controversal and cannot stand up to scrutiny.)

Most likely, you will simply get a letter to inform you that you are disbarred.

Perhaps, they may just silently remove your name and you only find out when you check.

Frankly, Mr Nair. I think you should write in to withdraw from this Singapore LEEgal fraternity. Do you really want to be associate with such law-breakers?

Thierry Kron said...

“I am sure even in Hitler's Germany, the Jew was given notice of the case against him in court.“:
What do you mean when you write "the Jew"? 6 000 000 Jews were killed in KZ, without Notice or law suit: Just for their racial backgrounds.