Ladies and Gentlemen,
Any foreigner being told that Malay Singaporean citizens and Indian Singapore citizens cannot live anywhere they please in Singapore would not have believed it. There is clearly apartheid imposed upon the Malay and Indian minorities even though the Constitution of the country clearly requires equality among the races.
Ethnic Chinese presently form the majority of the population in the small over crowded island city state making up about 75% of the population of 5 million, with Malays making up 15% and Indians about 10%. This ratio is not what it should have been. Let me enumerate below Singapore Lee Kuan Yew government's blatant racial discrimination.
1. The present ratios of majority Chinese with the Malays and Indians making small minorities only was not supposed to be. Lee Kuan Yew an ethnic Chinese favored the expansion of the Chinese race by importing far greater numbers of Chinese from China into Singapore while denying Indians from India or Malays from Malaysia. If this deliberate policy of expanding the Chinese population did not exist, the Malays today would have been the majority with the Indians and Chinese a close second, because generally Malays have larger families. This discrimination against Singapore Indians and Malays violates the Constitution of Singapore which mandates equal opportunity.
Lee Kuan Yew has come out saying he is determined to maintain this ratio among the races and if Chinese numbers decrease, he will bring in more and more from China, which is exactly what he has been doing for decades without any remonstrations from anyone. This is a clear violation of the Constitution as nowhere does it require this or any other ratio. If he wanted this to be part of Singapore law, a major development such as this would have required a plebiscite or referendum before it is implemented. But since Lee runs the island as if it belongs to him, which it is, he does anything he wants, anytime he wants.
2. Malays and Indians are permitted to live in only certain areas of Singapore and are not allowed to lease (90% of apartments in which 90% of Singaporeans live are owned by the Government) apartments anywhere in the island but only at designated places as directed by the Chinese dominated Singapore government. The idea is to spread out the minority population throughout the island so that they could never be able to form a real challenge to the majority Chinese government. This is a form of apartheid against non ethnic Chinese, a violation of the Singapore Constitution. The argument Lee uses for this is that he does not want racial enclaves. But then every apartment block is in fact a Chinese racial enclave. In other words, according to Lee, what is sauce for the goose is not for the gander.
3. The official business language although supposed to be English, Chinese Mandarin is freely used in government offices even when dealing with a minority Indian or Malay. For instance a Malay going for assistance at the Department of Motor Vehicles would be confronted by Chinese clerks discussing his case in Chinese among themselves in front of his face, knowing he does not know a word of it. This is demeaning and insulting to the Malay or Indian. The Singapore Chinese have no qualms doing this as there appears to be a perception about them that they are somehow superior to everyone else, like the pigs in George Orwell's Animal Farm who decided to walk on 2 legs instead of 4. Again a violation of the Constitution.
The government has to decide once and for all what the official language is going to be. If it is English, make sure everyone knows it including the large Chinese human imports thanks to the Chinese Singapore government. If it is going to be Mandarin then send every Malay and Indian to Mandarin language classes throwing in some ethics of what a good Confucian is supposed to be, obedient quiet and kowtowed.
4. Malays are not allowed to be elevated to higher ranks in the Armed Forces. There are no Malay fighter pilots or Generals, Lee's fear being that a Malay would bomb Lee Kuan Yew's house if given the chance instead of the enemy.
5. Malays and Indians should demonstrate and protest their second hand status in Lee Kuan Yew's Chinese Singapore as they are supposed to be equal citizens as anyone else. Lee's government cleverly labels anyone who complains of these blatant injustices as racist and this false proscription of any complaints against racial discrimination has permitted the Chinese Singaporeans to get away with bloody murder as far as discrimination goes. Singapore Malays and Indians should not be afraid of Lee Kuan Yew's false threats and should openly protest about this state sanctioned racial discrimination. After all the country is yours too and the Consitution is violated.
Attorney at Law
39737 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite A1
Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Tel: 510 657 6107
Fax: 510 657 6914
Your letters are welcome. We reserve the right to publish your letters. Please Email your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org And if you like what I write, please tell your friends. You will be helping democracy by distributing this widely. This blog not only gives information, it dispels government propaganda put out by this dictatorial regime.