Ladies and Gentlemen,
The latest position on this matter.
1. Singapore Law Society has not answered whether I will be allowed an opportunity to come to Singapore from the USA, where I live, to physically appear for these proceedings. At present by order of Singapore Immigration, I am not allowed to enter Singapore without their permission in writing. In the event Angela Chopard, Head of Disciplinary Tribunals refuses, it will be a serious denial of due process in a legal proceeding. When a defendant is not allowed to answer the charges by his presence at his trial, there will be a total denial of justice.
We are still waiting for Angela Chopard and her Singapore Disciplinary Tribunal to let me know if I will be allowed to appear in Singapore.
2. This Audrey Lim continues to be a mystery. The head of of the Disciplinary Tribunals, Angela Chopard does not know her full name and according to her , neither does anyone else in her office! A search on Singapore Government reveals a person by the name Lim Yoon Cheng Audrey but we are not able to ascertain who she is, and Angela Chopard does not know. Therefore although she has asked us to write to Audrey Lim, in these circumstances we have declined and told her that communications will remain with her cc Yogeswari d/o N Vadivellu, as she had instructed earlier.
3. As she advised we have written to both Singapore Supreme/ Subordinate Courts for transcripts of my trials in Singapore to which these proceedings refer. We are waiting for the transcripts and have informed her that we expect them to give me a continuance until such time these transcripts are received, I have perused them and a sufficient time is given to mount my defenses. I have pointed to them that these transcipts are fundamental for me to answer these charges, as they all arise from them.
4. I have informed her that I am disputing all charges and will be mounting a vigorous defense. The words used by me to refer to both Singaporean Judges Belinda Ang Saw Ean and Judith Prakash were proper, a proper usage of the English language, not intemperate vulgar or insulting. As for the accusations of my insulting Singaporean police officers and behaving disorderly, these are denied. As for the statements made in the court of Leong Kui Yiu James, they were accurate statements and not actionable.
5. Except for the charges and copies of some of my blog posts from my blog Singapore Dissident www.singaporedissident.blogpost.com and a document called Rules 2008, Anglela Chopard has not given me anything else.
6. I have written to her pointing out that as a Tribunal that is charging me with discipline violations that may result in my loss of livelihood as an Attorney in Singapore if I ever wanted to practice there, this is a very serious matter, and it is incumbent on them, under the rules of discovery that they provide each and every document/ information to me, without my asking for them, to enable me to prosecute this defense.
What is surprising so far is this. Unless I specifically ask Angela Chopard for documentation, she appears to think that all she has to do is to forward the charges and copies of my blog post. Her superiors should advise her that this is not enough, at least not so in a civilized country.
As this matter unfolds, the reader will be informed.
39737 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite A1
Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Tel: 510 657 6107
Fax: 510 657 6914
Your letters are welcome. We reserve the right to publish your letters. Please Email your letters to email@example.com And if you like what I write, please tell your friends. You will be helping democracy by distributing this widely. This blog not only gives information, it dispels government propaganda put out by this dictatorial regime.