Saturday, November 7, 2009

Disgruntled Singaporean young man, Mr. N

Letter
Saturday, November 7, 2009 6:17 PM
From: " Mr. N" <...........@hotmail.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To: nair.gopalan@yahoo.com

Hello Mr Nair,

I would like to bring your attention to this particular website. I happened to stumble upon it recently.
http://www.siascholarship.com/

Unfortunately, what I am not happy about is that MOE and SIA are giving money to people of questionable loyalty.
Best of all is that there are no strings attached.

My background:
I am a Singaporean Male studying in one of Singapore's Universities.
I served my National Service, along with my fellow countrymen. And we still have reservist duties to fufill.
We have to make do with government subsidies from MOE.
Did apply for scholarships along the way. However, I was never given an opportunity to be interviewed.
However, I see many foreigners getting scholarships that are paid by our government.

In principle, we are humans, regardless of our differences. There is no reason to hate each other.
What is irritating me is that we are giving money to them when it could have been better spent to develop our people.
It's like being punished for being a citizen of Singapore.
There was this argument that we are from Southern China, that we are of poorer stock.
Tell me, is this theory really valid in the first place?

Do publish the letter by all means. However, I would like to be known as Mr N.

No comments: