Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Law Society of Singapore vs Gopalan Nair. A request that for the transcripts of my Singapore cases to be mailed to me.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As I have written, the both the Singapore High Court and the Singapore Subordinate Court have both demanded, in response to the request for my 2008 court transcripts that either I personally collect them from Singapore or send someone to Singapore to collect them on my behalf. As both these options are impossible, since I don't live in Singapore and since I don't have anyone there in Singapore to collect them, I have made a very reasonable request to the Tribunal that they make arrangements to have these transcripts mailed to me at my California address.

Surely that is reasonable.

It would be interesting to see how they would come round this very reasonable request. I will keep you posted.

Gopalan Nair
39737 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite A1
Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Tel: 510 657 6107
Fax: 510 657 6914
Email: nair.gopalan@yahoo.com
Blog: http://singaporedissident.blogspot.com

Your letters are welcome. We reserve the right to publish your letters. Please Email your letters to nair.gopalan@yahoo.com. And if you like what I write, please tell your friends. You will be helping democracy by distributing this widely. This blog not only gives information, it dispels government propaganda put out by this dictatorial regime.


Request that Transcripts of the High Court and Subordinate Court Cases be mailed

Thursday, November 5, 2009 5:52 AM
From: "Gopalan Nair"
Add sender to ContactsTo: angela_chopard@supcourt.gov.sg
Cc: yogeswari_n_vadivellu@supcourt.gov.sg

To Angela Chopard and her co-worker Yogeswari d/o N Vadivellu of the Singapore Disciplinary Tribunal,

As regards my request for my Singapore court transcripts, you have sent me letters from the High Court Singapore and the Subordinate Court Singapore asking that I personally go to Singapore to collect them, or send someone to collect the court transcripts on my behalf.

Since I am unable to travel to Singapore fearing re-arrest and there is noone in Singapore to collect them on my behalf, kindly request the courts to mail the transcripts to me at my California address which you already have:

Gopalan Nair, Esq.
Gopalan Nair Attorneys at Law
39737 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite A1
Fremont, California 94538
USA

Thank you very much

Gopalan Nair

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Gopalan,

Whatever you do, make sure you do not set foot in Singapore. The authorities would arrest and lock you away. A nation that has no respect for the rule of law, can and will abuse the law to silent dissent.

If they choose to not mail you any of the documents requested, then there's no reason why you should even contest the charges, they have probably even decided your fate, its just the formalities that needs to be fulfilled, e.g.your presence, filling of documents,etc.

The world is aware of what goes on in Singapore.

STAY AWAY!!!

Carry on writing Gopalan, those who stand up for righteousness are with you.

GOD BLESS!

"sg is a gone case" said...

I read these posts and realised that I have nothing left to comment.

The Singapore way of doing things is so unlike the modern facade that it is trying to portray to visitors.

I am ashamed of this dark comedy of Law Societ vs Nair unfolding before my eyes.

Luckily, I am not a shameless coward spineless Singaporean anymore.

Noticed that a lot of things happened after I commented about Blossem Hing in a NY daily.