Thursday, November 5, 2009

Singapore Law Society vs Gopalan Nair, my travel to Singapore

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I received a fax from Chopard, Disciplinary Tribunal today, Nov 05, 2009 about my having to write to the Singapore ICA for my travel there. Chopard has asked me to write to the ICA, but have failed to provide any Email address. They have also not addressed the issue of my being re-arrested if I return to Singapore. It is being distinctly clear that Chopard is being deliberately difficulat as you can see, but how this attitude is helping them, I cannot see.

The reader will appreciate that as the Tribunal having the conduct of this matter, it is they who are responsible to arrange all this instead of asking me to write to various other people. Of course, I think they hope that if they give me this run around, I will hopefully abandon any attempt to dispute this. They are mistaken. I hope to defend this, and in that process expose their failure to uphold due process and the basic rules of natural justice.


My travel to Singapore

Friday, November 6, 2009 4:50 AM
From: "Gopalan Nair"
Add sender to Contacts
To: angela_chopard@supcourt.gov.sg
Cc: yogeswari_n_vadivellu@supcourt.gov.sg

Hello Chopard and her co-worker N Vadivellu of Singapore Disciplinary Tribunal,

I keep getting letters written by someone called Audrey Lim from your department. Not knowing who she is, since you do not know someone by this name, I have assumed that it is being sent with your authority. I understand there is a LimYoon Cheng who works in the High Court, but since you do not who she is, I have assumed this "Audrey Lim" is an imposter and have ignored her. As you have suggested I will coninue wrtiting to you Chopard and copying it to N Vadivellu.

Thanks you for your fax of Nov 6, 2009 regarding my travel to Singapore. You have asked me to write to Immigration and Checkpoints Authority Singapore (ICA) for permission to enter Singapore, as per the letter you have received from them.

You appear to be distinctively difficult in your responses. For instance, you have not provided the Email address of the ICA for me to make the request. I also notice although you had asked me earlier to write to the Hign Court and Subordinate Court Singapore, you do not provide any addresses or Email contacts. You are advised that all your actions are being noted in the Internet and you are looking sillier by the day by this childishness.

Could you please 1) provide the Email address of the ICA to whom you want me to write and 2) please give me an assurance that I will not be arrested if I enter Singapore as I have, according to your Singapore laws committed further offenses since I returned to the US, namely insulting the Singapore judge Judith Prakash and a contempt of court of your judge Leslie Chew.

You must appreciate that without this assurance, it would be a case of Russian roulette for me to enter Singapore in these circumstances.

Your prompt attention is appreciated.

Gopalan Nair

No comments: