Monday, April 2, 2007

It's Michael Leong of CIBC.com, Toronto Canada, Te:(416) 980-7089 again!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Will someone please ring and EMail Mr. Leong who claims to be a Malaysian in Toronto Canada, Tel: (416) 980-7089 and let him know that even from California, I can work for democracy in Singapore. Not necessary for me to be there. Please let him know that. He can be reached at the telephone number given. He can also be reached by EMail.

Gopalan Nair
39737 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite A1
Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Tel: 510 657 6107
Fax: 510 657 6914
Email: gopalnair@us-immigrationlaw.com


My Dear Mr. Leong,

If that is in fact your name. For the umpteenth time, there are many ways to change political regimes. It can be done from within your country and without from overseas. Everyone can contribute to the progress of democracy in Singapore. I can do it from here, or one can do it from Toa Payoh in Singapore. So stop asking me to go back to challenge Lee. It can be done in more ways than one. I am surprised you do not know this.

I intend to place this Email as well as yours on my blog with an invitation to the reader to contact you at telephone 416 980 7089 and to your company CIBC which is in Toronto Canada which you have admitted, for clarification as to your real identity and the reason why you wrote such an irrational Email.

You have said you read my blogs. With a very weak understanding of reality, such as not knowing that one can challenge Lee and Co from outside Singapore, perhaps you should stop reading my blog as it is probably beyond your ability to understand.

You are of course welcome to write to me, for my pasting your remarks on my blog for my readers’ amusement.

Gopalan Nair
Attorney at Law

From: Leong, Michael [mailto:Michael.Leong@CIBC.com] Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:38 AMTo: Gopalan NairSubject: RE: Article on the Discrimination of the Singapore Worker

Mr Nair,

Please post whatever you want and wherever you want. I am actually sending this e-mail from my office in Toronto and I am Malaysian by the way, no political association to Mr Lee and Family and absolutely nothing for me to be afraid off (the captioned clause you see below is the std clause from my company’s server), I have all the respect for Dr Chee and his comrades. I think you have misunderstood, I am one of many readers on your blog, some of the articles are interesting and my opinions are one of many. The issue on CPF withdrawals are dear to the hearts of many Malaysians who worked in Singapore as well.

Michael Leong
Sympathetic Malaysian


From: Gopalan Nair [mailto:gopalnair@us-immigrationlaw.com] Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 1:23 PMTo: Leong, MichaelCc: 'Singapore Democratic Party'; 'uncle yap'; 'nazir khan'; 'Manuel Pakianathan'; 'M Ravi'; violetnetto@yahoo.com.sgSubject: RE: Article on the Discrimination of the Singapore Worker

Dear Mr. Michael Leong,

Thank you for your Email. At present, even I if I wanted to return to Singapore to fight the tyranny, I cannot. I came to the US in 1992 and I am now an American citizen. At the time I took American citizenship, my CPF money was being held in Singapore. It was totally unacceptable for them to hold my money, even though I already had a US green Card and I was living in the US permanently. Third point, I already now have a legal practice and clients in the US. It would have been unacceptable for me to abandon them and leave for Singapore or any other country. So, Mr. Leong, if that in fact is your true name, in issues such as this, there has to be some balancing done. And one has to do what is right. What was right was for me to remain in California and attend to my clients to whom I owe a responsibility.

Secondly, I can do even more good for the opposition from the USA than had I been in Singapore. I am protected by the American constitution. I can say what I want and still remain financially and bodily intact. And furthermore, with the Internet, I can do almost the same amount of harm to Lee and his family, just as I had been in Singapore.

I notice that you are not allowing me to disseminate your correspondence. Why is that? Are you afraid? I suggest, if you are afraid, you should not be engaging in expressing any political opinion, unless it is praise for Lee Kuan Yew.

I am going to do just that. I am going to post your entire letter and your prohibition against dissemination on my blog, for my readers for their amusement. And by the way, if you will provide the Email address of Marcus Wong to who you have copied your letter, I will send him a copy too.

Thank you for your letter and please write to me more.

Gopalan Nair
Attorney at Law

From: Leong, Michael [mailto:Michael.Leong@CIBC.com] Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 5:39 AMTo: gopalnair@us-immigrationlaw.comCc: Marcus WongSubject: Artcle on the Discrimination of the Singapore Worker

Dear Mr Nair,

Dr Chee and Associates and other opposition leaders are waging a courageous war on the Govt in Singapore, by being there on ground zero and risking almost everything they have. I laud their efforts, if you think they should do more and that you can help, why don’t you return and join them there ? If you realise the constraints by which they have to engage themselves in, then you would appreciate that they are not just talking or making speeches, but in many ways pushing the boundaries of freedom in this tiny republic of yours. I have nothing against you or your article, but after watching the films on Dr Chee, I reckon there are only a very few of us that have the guts to go up against such ruthless political tyrants.

Michael Leong
Sympathetic Malaysian

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and contains information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately at (416) 980-7089 and delete the original message.

No comments: